Senior Advisor for Economic & Political Risk, Intelligence Analysis
Jerome Okolo, MSc.(Arch), PGDipl (Russian Language), Sloan Fellow in Leadership & Strategy, London Business School 2018 is a Senior Advisor for Political Risk & Intelligence Analysis and Economic & Financial Risk Analysis of Agema Analysts. He is a Partner at Convena Handelsgesellschaft, Hamburg & Moscow; Director at FPT Trading, Lausanne, Switzerland; Founding CEO of Maxivision Eye Hospital; GeoQinetiq (GeoSciences, remote Sensing & Seismic Data Acquisition); Geodata Technical Services (Aeromagnetic, geological and geophysical (G&G) Data Processing & Interpretation); Director at renewable energy developer & owner of the largest & 2nd largest licensed Solar Power project in Nigeria – the Panyam 70MW Solar Plant and Nasarawa 50MW Solar Plant. He is the General Secretary of the National Think Tank for Nigeria, a member of the Nigeria Economic Study Group and has been a consultant to the World Bank & author of the World Bank “Nigerian Power Sector Case Study, 2015”. Also Chaired programs for Chatham House – Royal Institute of International Affairs including Gulf of Guinea Security and Niger Delta Security & development Conferences. Has nearly 30 years of experience working with International Companies in Joint Ventures, partnerships and in advisory capacities.
His key expertise and experience
- Political and economic risk advisory with focus on West Africa & the Former Soviet Union.
- Energy (Renewables & Petroleum) & Electricity Policy, Strategy & Commercial Advisory
- Strategy, Corporate (re-) structuring, Corporate governance
- Due diligence and risk advisory work
- Government Relations advisory
- M&A and JV transaction advisory work
- Commercial matters & negotiation advisory
- Advising on investment and distribution structures;
- Structuring and advising on optimal market entry strategies and corporate structuring
His educational qualifications
Studied at Universities in Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Russian Federation & the United Kingdom. He is a native English & Igbo speaker, is fluent in, and holds a post-graduate teaching qualification in Russian language.